Our website is designed to familiarize you with Sewing Boutique and its family of affiliated companies (collectively, “Sewing Boutique,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), including information about the products and services we offer.
How We May Collect and Use Personal Information
When you visit a location, purchase a product, use our website or other Services, or otherwise interact with us, we may collect and use personal information (i.e. information that identifies you, or may reasonably be associated with you). This personal information may include information you voluntarily provide to us which such as your name, email address, telephone number, home or other physical address, and other categories of personal information we set out below.
- Registration/Guest Registry: When you visit a store, and complete a registration form, we may collect certain personal information such as your first and last name, mailing address, email address, and phone number and other information you choose to provide.
Purchasing: When you purchase a product, we collect personal information:
- when you complete a purchase, including the name and contact information (such as email address, mailing address and telephone numbers) for each purchaser, purchase amount for the purposes of facilitating the transaction;
- to provide you with customer updates;
- to complete your requested purchase, including working with your lender to finalize; verify your identity by collecting valid government-issued identification such as your driver’s license;
- when you register for a warranty plan or when you make a warranty request;
- to provide you with customer satisfaction surveys; and
- to manage your relationship with Sewing Boutique.
- Website Registration: We may require you to register for access to certain information, products and Services on our Website. At such time, we may request certain personal information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- Marketing Communications: When you purchase a product, complete a registration form or otherwise sign-up to receive marketing communications, we may use your contact information to send you tailored communications about our products, Services and promotions. We may also send you information about products and Services of third parties that may be of interest to you.
You can opt -out of receiving future marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in our email communications or by contacting us as set forth in the Contact Us section below.
We may also use services provided by third-party platforms (such as social media and other websites) to serve targeted advertisements on such platforms to you or others, and we may provide a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider for such purposes. To opt-out of the use of your information for such purposes, please send a request using any of the methods set forth in the Contact Us section below.
- Survey and Customer Research: From time to time, we (or a third party on our behalf) may offer you the opportunity to participate in one of our surveys or customer research. We may collect certain personal information such as your name, email address and your responses to the survey questions. The information obtained through our surveys and customer research is used in an aggregated, non-personally identifiable form to help us understand our customers and to improve our Services, marketing, customer service and products. Aggregated survey results and individual responses may also be posted on our website and social media pages, without your name or contact information.
- Referral Services/Tell-a-Friend: If you choose to use one of our referral services to tell a friend about our Website or an employment opportunity, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will send your friend a one-time email on your behalf inviting him or her to visit the Website. We store this information for the sole purposes of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program, and we do not use the names or email addresses submitted in these circumstances for any other purpose without consent to do so. You are responsible for ensuring that you only submit email addresses of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who would want to receive the message.
- Customer Service: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you (such as your name, address and a telephone number) along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment or complaint (for example, lot number, warranty enrollment number, etc.). We may retain this information to assist you in the future, to improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Services, and to enhance your experience with our Services. We also use personal information to establish and manage our relationship with you and provide quality customer service.
- Careers: If you visit the career section of the Website, we may also collect information you provide on applications (such as that contained in a resume, cover letter or other similar employment-related materials) when you upload your application or otherwise communicate with us electronically. We will use your personal information in connection with your employment inquiry, any application for employment you submit, obtaining background information about you and to process and respond to your application for current or future employment opportunities.
- We may use personal information for any purpose otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
How We May Share Personal Information
To the extent permitted by law, your Personal Information that we collect may be shared with the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers: Your personal information may be shared with (or otherwise made available) to our affiliates and other third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we use service providers to provide services such as maintaining our Website, hosting our job application form, providing services related to our Website, collecting and analyzing customer satisfaction data, and sending electronic mail or other functions related to our business and services. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not generally authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. However, service providers that send, administer or analyze customer surveys are permitted to use, transfer, disclose and sell aggregated and de-identified information for their own purposes, provided that they take steps to ensure that individual customers cannot be identified through the use of that data.
Your personal information may be maintained and processed by us, our affiliates and other third-party service providers in the U.S. or other jurisdictions. In the event personal information is transferred to other foreign jurisdiction, it will be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and may be disclosed to or accessed by the courts (or related parties), law enforcement and governmental authorities in accordance with those laws.
- Affiliated Companies: We may provide your personal information to our affiliated companies if they are working with you to finance your purchase.
You have the opportunity to “opt-out” of having this personal information shared for marketing purposes with third parties at any time. You may opt-out or change your previous election by sending a request using any of the methods set forth in the Contact Us section below. If you do not wish to be contacted by our affiliated companies about products and services, you may change your election by sending a request using any of the methods set forth in the Contact Us section below.
- Third Party Marketing: After you have executed a purchase contract, we may share your personal information with third parties that have a product, service or other marketing information that we believe may be of interest to you as a customer, such as your name, address, telephone number, postal address and e-mail address with these companies in an effort to help you find these resources.
You have the opportunity to “opt-out” of having this personal information shared for marketing purposes with third parties at any time. You may opt-out or change your previous election by sending a request using any of the methods set forth in the Contact Us section below.
- Sale of Business: We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with financing that we seek or in connection with a prospective or completed business transaction, including a merger or sale.
- Legal/Compliance: Sewing Boutique, its affiliated companies and other foreign service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable U.S. or other law. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
Links to Other Websites
User Generated Content
Sewing Boutique engages a service provider to identify social media postings related to Sewing Boutique store, classes and products. Sewing Boutique or its service provider may repost / republish such social media postings, including photographs, with the user’s consent. Prior to granting consent for Sewing Boutique to repost / republish your content, you are responsible for obtaining valid consent from any third party whose personal information is contained in your posting. Your social media postings will be used and publicly disclosed (including via publication online) by Sewing Boutique and/or its service provider for the purposes of promoting and marketing Sewing Boutique’s products and services. Unknown third parties may have the ability to download, copy, use, republish and make comments on such postings (including any personal information contained therein) without moderation, and Sewing Boutique may not be able to control further dissemination of the information even if you withdraw consent for Sewing Boutique to continue using and disclosing the information.
Cookies, Third Party Advertising and Information about our Services
Visiting our Website
We and/or our service providers collect IP (Internet protocol) addresses from all visitors to the Website and other related information such as page requests, location, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. This information is used to help us understand our Website activity, to monitor and improve the Website, and to deliver content and advertisements that may be of interest to you based upon your online activities.
We may use third parties, such as Google Analytics, to collect such data. To learn more about how Google collects and processes data and the choices Google may offer to control these activities, you may visit:
- https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites and
Third Party Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to strengthen, manage and improve our online and email advertising campaigns. These companies may collect information about your activity on our Website and other websites (such as web pages you visit and your interaction with our advertising and other communications) and/or apps in order to make predictions about your preferences, develop personalized content and deliver advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We may also partner with ad networks and other companies that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated digital properties. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information these ad networks collect about your visits to our websites and other non-affiliated websites or apps over time. This information may also be used to evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns. Cookies set by these third parties may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. They do not store directly personal information (such as name or government identification numbers) but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. Accordingly, information collected by such cookies, alone or in combination with other available information, could potentially be linked to you. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
Opting-Out of Third Party Advertising: You may visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices or www.youradchoices.ca/choices to learn more about third party advertising and how to opt-out of this form of advertising on your web browser by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (“DAAC”) self-regulatory programs. If you wish to opt-out of interest-based advertising in mobile apps on your device by companies that participate in the DAA’s AppChoices app, you may download that app onto your device and exercise your choice. AppChoices is available at: https://youradchoices.com/appchoices.
Do Not Track Signals
Sewing Boutique has implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. Nevertheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that personal information that you transmit using our Services will be totally secure. We will make legally required disclosures about any compromise of your personal information. To the extent applicable law allows for such notification via email or posting on the Services, you agree to accept notice in that form. Sewing Boutique restricts access to your personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfil their job requirements. Sewing Boutique may disclose personal information about you as required or permitted by law for such purposes as protecting against fraud, resolving consumer disputes or inquiries, reporting to consumer reporting agencies, judicial process, or subpoena.
Our Services are intended for a general audience and are not intended or permitted for use by children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us by using any of the methods set forth in the Contact Us section below.
Your Choices and Access Rights
You may have the right under applicable law to make certain requests about the personal information we collect or maintain about you, and who we disclose it to. This may include the following:
Request for Disclosure of use. You may have the right under applicable law to request a copy of the following: (1) The categories of personal information we collected about you; (2) The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information (if applicable); (4) The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information; and (5) The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Request for Deletion of personal information. You may have the right under applicable law to request that we delete your personal information (or correct inaccuracies). Note that deletion requests are subject to certain limitations, for example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for recordkeeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
Request Not to Disclose Personal Information. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties if we have received and processed a request from you not to do so. To submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may continue to share your personal information with our affiliates, service providers, for essential purposes described above and other such circumstances.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us by using any of the methods set forth in the Contact Us section below. We will respond as required by applicable law and as otherwise deemed appropriate in our reasonable discretion under the circumstances.
Other International Visitors Privacy Rights
Sewing Boutique sells products and provides services in the United States, and we follow the data protection and consumer protection laws of the United States and its individual states. If you reside or are located in a different country, the data protection laws of that country may differ as to protections under data protection laws in your country of residence.
The personal information you submit to Sewing Boutique will be transferred to the United States or other foreign jurisdictions for the purposes described above which involve: (1) fulfilling a request you submit to us for information about our Services; (2) implementing pre-contractual measures at your request (such as processing your request for information about products); or (3) enabling the performance of a contract you enter into with Sewing Boutique.
We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. When we no longer have a legitimate business interest in keeping your personal information, we securely delete or destroy it. In determining data retention periods, Sewing Boutique takes into consideration applicable laws, contractual obligations, and what we reasonably believe are your expectations and requirements. If you request information regarding the personal information that we maintain about you, we will fulfill your request as required by applicable law. Note that if you consented to allow the disclosure of your personal information to a non-affiliated third party, we will not be able to take any action with respect to personal information under the control of such third party and you will need to submit your request directly to that third party.
Notice for California Residents
How We Sell Your Information
Sewing Boutique does not engage in the sale of your personal information.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your request, if applicable, we will disclose to you the categories of personal information we collected about you, the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you, the business or commercial purpose for engaging in the sale or collection of that personal information, the categories of third parties with whom your personal information is shared, and specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. You also have the right at any time to direct us not to sell your personal information, which is your right to opt-out. In the preceding twelve months we have not sold personal information
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, submit a request to us by emailing email@example.com. We will contact you and request additional information in order to verify your request.
Please contact us if:
you wish to access, update, and/or correct inaccuracies in your personal information,
you wish to opt-out of marketing communications, or
you, otherwise, have a question or complaint about the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information.
You may contact us, by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at the following address:
8001 Dani Drive, Unit #2
Fort Myers, FL 33966